Tuesday 3 January 2012

The Challenge

While looking at my game collection one day I realised that what my wife had been saying for months was actually true. I HAVE got quite a few games.
I decided that I would stop at 100 and, from then on, 1 game would have to leave the house if another was joining. This, I was certain, wouldn't be happening for a while.
I checked my collection on BoardGameGeek and realised, unfortunately, that this would happen soon. VERY soon.
Now, I have been on a massive game buying spree for the past couple of years having rediscovered the fun of games through Settlers of Catan, Zombies!!! and Carcassonne and very quickly discovering new and exciting games that I absolutely, positively HAD to own. This has left me with a large (my wife's word) ish (my addition) collection of games many of which have only come out to play once or twice, some of which have never been played.
I resolved that 2012 would be My Year of Games and every game I own would be played during it.
Some won't make the cut and will move on, possibly even before being played (I'm looking at you, Hamburgum).
Over the next year, I'll talk about the games I play, the people I play them with and the joy of playing the game. Hopefully, you'll find something that takes your fancy and will join me in my year of games.

Next time: 2 games down. I'd tell you what they were but between them description would be futile!

Soon: The list! When is a game an expansion? Is an expansion a game? The answers for game counting are always and never, respectively.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent stuff. Look forward to seeing this progress.

    ReplyDelete